valee's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

2320890
May 19, 12

bookshelves: 200-fav-reads, dystopia

I don't even know where to start. This book was freaking amazing! I loved it!

Maybe the beginning was a bit slower than what I would have preferred, but then it got so good... and so fast... that I couldn't put it down. I even liked this one more than the first one, and I had already loved the first one.

So much goes on in this instalment. I don't wanna spoil things for anybody so you must all read this series so then I'll have people to to discuss it. I love how things are changing. I really liked how the story got more mature and the links between all the characters grew. Also the plot got more interesting and was better developed that in the first book. The most interesting part was definitely how the revolution was taking place and how things were turning around for the parliament. Can't wait to see what will happen next.

CLIFF HANGER alert!

What will happen to Peeta? Can't wait to figure that out. I wasn't sure about him in book one. I just wanted her to end up with Gave because I hate love triangles, but now I got to know Peeta better and changed my mind. I need to know more. Damn, this will be another long wait for the next book. I hate waiting! and I definitely hate cliff hangers! WHY do I keep reading books with this kind of endings? I really must be a masochist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

05/11/2010 page 50
12.79% "I know I waited a long time to read it and I'm sorry because I'm enjoying it so much. But I just can't read it all together, I have to pause"
05/15/2010 page 250
63.94% "Loved the first one.This one seems more of the same.Still good but it has lost that novelty the first one had. Now it seems it'll get better" 4 comments
05/16/2010 page 270
69.05% "OMG! this book is amazing. I can't wait to see how everything is going to end. I can't stop reading it."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

valee OMG, I'm still anxious and nervous because of this book. How am I suppose to go to sleep after this ending. I'll have all kinds of nightmares,lol. This was such a terrific book. And I'm not one of those who loves YA books . I mean I really enjoy them, I have read many of them, but never enjoyed them as much as I do other genres, except for some exceptions.
But this series is killing me. I love it. Can't wait to read anything about next book.

Caty :D I knew it!
I was reading your previous status updates, i was so waiting for you to get to the good part.
This book is amazing, i honestly think this is one of the best series ever written, And i keep thinking it is way too bloody to be Y/A.
Don't you just love Peeta?
The only bad thing about this book is the gigantic cliffhanger at the end

valee I know. I can't wait to see what will happen next. You don't really think Peeta will dye, right? I just don't know how she will end up things and leave everybody happy. I love Peeta and Gale so much. I can't choose one. I usually hate love triangles and end up making my mind for one and hating the others. This is the first time I love both. Can't make up my mind. I'll cry for the other once she chooses one, because they both love her so much!

Caty The thing is, you never know with this series.
With Rue on book one, i sobbed, actually SOBBED for like an hour. My point is, you never know who's gonna die in this series, and i have a feeling Katnis won't have to choose, i seriously think one of them will die. Peeta, Gale or even Katnis. I have a bad feeling about either one of them :(

valee I love this series. It's like you have a knot on your stomach th whole time while reading it. So much Drama!

Brooke Edwards It's a phenomenal series, I cannot WAIT for the next one!!!!

Franco Techera i've just finished reading the hunger games it was soooooo good i'm starting to read this one now !!

valee Franco wrote: "i've just finished reading the hunger games it was soooooo good i'm starting to read this one now !!"

jajajajaja me encanto! avisame cuando termines los tres. a ver si coincidimos, el dos me gusto mas todavia pero el 3 me re quemo.

Cynthia Love this series

message 10: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom This series got me back into reading. My daughter insisted that I read it and it blew me away.

valee I loved it too. It was something so different from everything else out there that I just couldn't help falling for it.

Kasia So funny, I'm starting this now and I was on your page a few hours before checking out your reads, small world :)

Ronyell Great review Vale! I can't wait to see what happens next too!