Marsha's Reviews > Fair Game

Fair Game by Patricia Briggs

1991207
Mar 08, 12

Recommended for: "The World"
Read on March 07, 2012 , read count: Once

Warning to any and all reading this review, Patricia Briggs is my alltime favorite author and Alpha and Omega is my favorite series. Not only that, she is one of the few authors whose books I have read more than three or four times. However, I will do my very best to write an objective review.

It has been over a year in Anna and Charles relationship/marriage and like most couples they have weathered the storm in adjusting to one another. Up until now it has been fairly simple but the Marrok has sent Charles on the road to invoke his brand of justice to werewolves who have broken the law more times than imaginable. The human population now know of the werewolves so Bran will not allow murder and violence to marr the peace he has worked so hard to build. Unfortunately, all of the killing is playing havoc not only with Charles' conscious but with his mate bond and relationship with Anna. Anna is not pleased and lets Bran know; but, he will not be swayed.

When a string of murders begin plaguing the Boston area, the FBI calls for assistance from the Marrok. Istead of sending in the smooth media friendly Adam Hauptman, he decides to send in Anna and Charles. Anna works her magic as an Omega to aid the FBI & Co. and get them to trust her while Charles sets the tone that his mate is not to be messed with. While being briefed on the killer/killers, another victim, the daughter of a powerful fae goes missing. Anna and Charles are so outraged by the savagery inflicted on the victims they feel they have no choice but to assist in any way they can. Not all on the law enforcement team are happy with the idea of working with supernatural creatures; but, that will not stop Anna and her mate.

Patricia Briggs continually amazes me with her ability to make the reader so emotionally invested with the characters and the worldbuilding that you almost believe you are a part of the story. Additionally, as an African American, I was so pleased that Briggs included African American characters in this story because we are so often overlooked by writers. Kudos to her!!!!! Lastly, I am always surprised to see how she can develop such creative plots. The first two and one half books dealt with overcoming the problems created from Anna's rape. This book deals with the couple overcoming Charles' one true insecurity, his status as his father's paid killer. I marvelled in the way she handled this issue and it just made me respect her writing ability all the more so. She does not portray her couples as perfect lovers. She makes them deal with real issues confronting couples like adjusting to one another, trust, money and then has them work through them.

If I had a criticism, it would be that fans will have to wait 18 months to 2 years for the next book in the series because Briggs is only writing one book a year. Oh well, you cannot rush perfection.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fair Game.

03/07/2012 page 141