Kelly 's Reviews > Swimming Inside the Sun

Swimming Inside the Sun by David     Zweig

Oct 10, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-supernatural, fiction, health-wellness-healing
Read in October, 2009

Hard to put this book in a category. It's not really supernatural, but the narrator/main character experiences hallucinations, so that is why I used this category. I wanted to like this book more than I did. An agent graciously sent me an advance readers copy, and it was fun to read the book before it was published.

I LOVE the concept of this book, but the author was unable to sustain the schtick. It's his first book, so I predict with his creativity and characterization, his next book should be awesome.

Three stars is good, but I couldn't bring myself to give more than three because I felt the book dragged too much in the middle and I really believe the book should be shortened, parts in the middle cut. The style got too be too much, too over the top, and I began to find the main character/narrator irritating and I got sick of him and his problem/issues.

The book redeemed itself at the end. If the middle were reworked, I'd give the book 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swimming Inside the Sun.