Susi's Reviews > Sweet Persuasion

Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks

Oct 01, 09

bookshelves: 2009-09, contemporary-romance, erotica, bdsm
Read in September, 2009

This review is kind of hard for me to write.I enjoyed reading the book but there are few things I’m not sure about. But let’s start at the beginning.

Serena(I love this name) is a successful woman. She has her own firm, a nice car and everything you can want from life except one thing: she wants to be a slave to a powerful master. Not like in the middle ages but like a very strict D/s relationship. I’m not sure if I, or my inner feminist likes this idea. But OK everyone what he likes. She’s not sure how to get that and after talking to Faith about it she contacts Damon and starts to fulfill her own dream. She’s a strong character despite being so submissive. She knows what she wants and I admire her strength to admit it.
Damon is really hot and from the first second I read about him in book 1 I wanted to know more about him. He has very high expectations concerning a functioning relationship. He wants to take charge of everything not only between the sheets. He knows that is much to ask and that not many woman would give so much freedom away. But he wants nothing less and waits for his super submissive to show up in his life. When he learns what Serena really wants he can’t give her to another man because she is exactly what he wants.

The connection between both of them builds relatively fast. Beneath all this master slave thing seems to be real deep feelings. It surprise me to be so emotional and I have to admit at one point their could have been a tear in my eyes. At moments everything is real cute and smooth between them but there are parts in this story I just can’t accept as easily. The slave status is taken real far, perhaps too far for me and is absolutely nothing for the faint of heart. We witness many dirty things in this book from bondage to spankings. I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. It’s really hot but a few things put a damper on it for me.I don’t want to be more specific because it would spoil the book. When you read it you will know what I mean.

The side characters were great as ever. The girls together are great and the boys are just adorable. We meet everyone again and it made me really curious about the next book but I have to admit Julie annoyed me from time to time.

This book is real great read and it’s one of the hottest books I read so far. If you got no problem with BDSM and a master/slave relationship you should get this book ASAP.

4 of 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Persuasion.

09/10/2009 page 150
43.48% "Good so far! An these boys are yummy!!!"
09/11/2009 page 345
100.0% "Great one. Can't wait to read Nathan's book!"