Brittany's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Sep 12, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads, romance
Recommended to Brittany by: Katie
Recommended for: Nicholas Sparks fans; those in need of a quick read
Read in September, 2009, read count: 1

Sometimes it's hard to review a book that you can actually read its entirety in two hours. This doesn't make it a poorly written or schemed novel, but nonetheless it loses some sort of worth.

While I did enjoy the story line, it was one quite transparent. The characters weren't too unbelievable and I enjoyed the sentimental thread weaved throughout. There wasn't truly one character you despised.

Obviously James Patterson has a knack for writing chapters no longer than you can reach, but this effectively moves the story along. Perhaps this works rather well for him because his romantic story-lines are simple and slightly obvious, therefore he'd most likely lose a mass of readers if he attempted to arrogantly write 20 page chapters. The books (romantic ones) would just be boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie You read this already?

Brittany I read it on the plane rides from Rapid to Jacksonville, lol. It's a quick read!!

Katie Yes, it was! All of his books are like that...one to two page chapters and kind of big text!

Brittany LOL exactly. Makes me feel smart though, lol. I was slightly annoyed when I still had 2 hours left to fly sans book and I was squashed next to an obese foreign man who was opposed to deodorant and not opposed to leaking alcohol through his pores.