Xiaojuanwu's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II by Jack Canfield

Sep 05, 2009

bookshelves: summer-reading2009
Read in August, 2009

During teenage growing process is like a flower. It grows very little when the weather is giving it hard time. It grows dramatically when weather is well fit for the plant. Every teenager circled whole global has happy, sad, quiet, ect moment. Moreover, teenage can be counted as one of hard time people go across because of becoming mature.

This book is same as other Chiken Soup books with different people written and edit by different authors. Teenagers with thoughtful mind writting down every bit moment happened during teenage. The stories' theme is mostly on life, love and learning. What best about these books is that it contains different genre; poem, fiction, list, and comic. Also, some of the stories are very touching and your feeling is changing by what the words are told.

My favorite part of the book is the story called "Speechless" by Shawna Singh. The mother of her friend Hope is sick because of a tumor in ovaries and it's maglignant. Hope is worry and Shawna always beside her for comfort. Days passes, Hope gets really ill. Tumor spread everywhere inside her but Hope is strong enough to face reality. Shawna worried about Hope too and in charge of taking care of Hope. No matter what happen to Hope, Shawna will always use her gentle hands to help out because this is what is called friendship. At the meantime, this story gives a message that friends are very important during teenage. They can help out when someone has trouble because he/she has experienced the situation. They know the feeling of each other and be able to sharing thought.

I would highly recommend this book to teenagers because this book is obviously for teen. Parents are also welcome to read this book because you can also see what's on teenagers' mind today. On other hand, you may give some advice to your child while they face simliar thing to other child. As I am a reader, I will rate 5 stars to this book because it's very touching and makes me go back to my teenage time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II.