Tim Snell's Reviews > Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity

Sep 07, 09

Read in September, 2009

Genre: Traditional
Copyright Date: 2007

Written by Mo Willems, "Knuffle Bunny Too" is the sequel to Willems' "Knuffle Bunny". Trixie is growing up and talking now, and her stuffed toy bunny, Knuffle Bunny, is still the most important thing in her life. Now, Trixie is one her way to school to show her friends her beloved Knuffle Bunny, when suddenly she sees something she never expected.

To me, "Knuffle Bunny Too" is a predictable story that would be great for younger children. The thing that makes this book so unique is the artwork. Willems' ability to take standard illustrations, and implement them into a living, breathing New York City was great! Using black and white photography and using Brooklyn, New York as his backdrop, Willems casually drops in his cartoon-styled characters and adds his own style and flair which makes the illustrations that much better!

This story would be great for younger children, however, older children may not enjoy this story. I loved the illustrations/photography, but the story was too predictable and "generic" for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knuffle Bunny Too.