Uriah's Reviews > Kitty and the Midnight Hour

Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

Jul 27, 10

Read from July 27 to 28, 2010

I have to say I'm slightly ashamed of just how much I enjoyed this book. It's a short, easy read for a lazy Summer afternoon, but that doesn't change the fact that, while corny, it was still highly enjoyable.

Kitty Norville doesn't seem to have had a very rough life from before she became a werewolf. She was likely your average 18 or 19 year old college student trying to fit in, be popular, and cram for finals. Then everything got shot to Hell. Hey, it's happened to the best of us, right?

I have to agree, in principle, with some other reviews stating her submission to the abusive, higher ranking members of her pack seems unrealistic, but possibly not for the same reasons. The Omega member of a pack will always put up with anything. They will roll over and die if it keeps the Alpha from killing them. But to take a woman who has become so used to submission and being nothing but a sex toy to her Alpha, and make her a strong, powerful lone wolf, does seem a bit unrealistic.

As Kitty says on her show, however, being made a monster doesn't make you any less human. And if you've ever seen a woman who came out of an abusive relationship with a purpose, Kitty seems very real and very alive.

A must read for fans of Coast to Coast AM and folks who enjoy listening to the talk radio in Grand Theft Auto.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty and the Midnight Hour.