Sandie's Reviews > Dusk Before Dawn

Dusk Before Dawn by Mickee Madden

Nov 30, 09

Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

I absolutely loved this book! What a wonderful sequal to Everlastin! This book didn't pick up from where the first book left off, it actually started from a different view point of the story not long after Laura and the three children were found in the first book, so that made for an interesting bit of reading. You get to see the same story from a different view and you will remember certain things that were done and said in the first book and you will see the re-action to those actions in this book.
The same catchy dialogue is in this book as well as the wonderful accent and glossary, absolutely loved that. I love the way this writer has all the characters playing off each other and the friendships and relationships that develop among them. We still have the spirit world mingling with the living and that is very well done, but she has added a bit of twist in this book and its a bit of a dark twist. So you have a romance that spans across more then a century between the living and spirit worlds and then you have some murder and mystery and a very big surprise or two at the end of the story.
The mystery is well done, I didn't guess it at all and when I learned the truth I was terribly shocked! Well done! I was quite saddened by the ending brought on by this villian. I am hoping that this will be rectified in book 3.
This is such a wonderful series, I highly reccomend to everyone who enjoys romances or the paranormal or just a good story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dusk Before Dawn.