Chloe's Reviews > The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2)

The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) by F. Paul Wilson

Sep 09, 09

bookshelves: fiction, mystery-thriller, not-owned
Recommended to Chloe by: ScottK
Read in September, 2009

Beginning a new series is always a dicey prospect for me. Will it be my kind of series? Will it become my newest temporary addiction, with me scrounging the net to find each and every book in the collection? Will it cause me to begin fantasizing about what it'd be like to exist within that universe? With all these questions rattling about my head, it should be understandable that I was hesitant to begin the Repairman Jack series- especially because I'm loathe to begin a series that has not come to an end. Once bitten, twice shy, thank you Robert Jordan.

Still, after a friend had touted the glories of the Repairman Jack books to me again and again, I found my curiosity piqued and the walls of my reticence began to crumble. And how fortunate that they did! This book was pure fun from beginning to end. Jack is a great hero- a "repairman" who fixes extralegal problems for his friends and confederates, living off the grid, changing IDs like underwear, endlessly resourceful- he's like MacGuyver but without the jean jacket and the mullet. When you toss in some delightful Indian monsters that are hunting down several of his friends, well you've got the makings of a fast-paced thriller the likes of which I haven't read in a long time.

So thank you, Scott, for raising my awareness of these books. I'm firmly hooked now (Legacies is on hold for me at the Library as I type this). Good thing that 13 of the 15 books have been released, because I think I know what I'm going to be doing with my spare reading time this Winter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2).

09/05/2009 page 83

dateDown_arrow    newest »

ScottK AND????? WELL???

ScottK : )

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen I can't wait to hear what you think.

Mandy Me neither. How are you going with it, Logan?

message 5: by ScottK (last edited Sep 05, 2009 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ScottK Uh OHHHH he is further along in Canticle.....does that mean he likes it better ????? woe is me ...I can not STAND the ANTICI....................... PATION. If he doesn't like it I am gonna blame Jeremy since Jeremy only gave it 3 stars.

Chloe Rest assured, I am definitely liking it. I've only made it up to the part where Jack first meets Kolabati and I'm pretty sure I have a good idea who she really is. They're fun and fast-paced, exactly what I'm in the mood for right now. Actually, I just realized that all three books I'm currently reading are action/adventure type books of vastly different genres. Perhaps I needed more escapism than I originally thought...

ScottK NICE!

Jeremy Hold on there fella. I gave it 4 stars!!!!! :) Also, I plan to continue the series!! So you can't blame me.

I am afraid that between Repairman Jack and Richard Sharpe I am going to have too many thoughts of becoming an action hero.

Mandy So, Logan, three stars, didn't really do anything for you?

Mandy Ah, just read your review, glad you liked it ☺

Chloe I liked it. The three stars is leaving room for improvement. I'm sure the later books will be higher rated.

ScottK YAY one more RJ liker added to the fold!!!!! Welcome, I hope you like the others, like I have said in the past out of 11 so far I have really only not liked 1 of them.