Kristy's Reviews > Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

bookshelves: saw-movie, i-think-you-should-read-this
Read in May, 2011

Street Corner TBR Challenge
May Pick #5 per Tina.

I don’t know if I have ever read a book that I had already watched the movie for. If I have I can’t think of it. I usually read the book first and make myself wait to watch the movie. But, for whatever reason I didn’t wait with Nick and Norah. Hearing the movie was better than the book might have gave me the push…. It was a cool experience though. I knew exactly how to picture the characters; I imagined them the entire time. I kept picturing scenes from the movie, always with a smile, almost like remembering old friends. I knew where the book was going to go, but I received some needed insight into Nick and Norah’s minds. I will say though, the movie did a good job of following the book. I can’t pick which one I like better. They both entertained me. I’ve got to give props to the book; even though I had seen the film, I wasn’t bored… that’s got to tell you something. It’s all in the writing; Rachel Cohn is my girl-writer-crush, especially when paired up with Levithan. They complement each other so well. The quirkiness is so refreshing. I am definitely feeling Nick and Norah!!!! And, now I want to go and re-watch the movie! Like I said, I’m into N&N!!!

I 100% adore the acknowledgements playlist.

What makes N&N such a good, fun read??? Originality and well, it’s good and fun!!!
4.5 stars, highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (last edited May 08, 2010 04:20PM) (new)

Nic I have been wanting to read this too. The movie was pretty good.

Kristy I really enjoyed the movie!!! But, I don't know how great of a read it would be......

message 3: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Happy Reading!

Lucy I love David Levithan's writing and Dash & Lily with Rachel Cohn. Sounds like a fun read!

Kristy I loved Dash and Lily!!! :)

message 6: by Nomes (new) - added it

Nomes love the review.

i liked the movie but for some reason couldn't get into the mood of the book (and then i gave it away... prob should've kept it and tried when i was in the right mood...)

you've made me want to try it again

Kristy I'd definitely say give it a go, especially since you liked the movie :)
I've had the book for probably a year (or more) now and Tina picked it for the TBR Challenge!!! That challenge has been great for me!!

message 8: by Nomes (new) - added it

Nomes the challenge is good for me too. it;s helped me wither find books i love or move ones out of the TBR :)

message 9: by Milly (new) - added it

Milly This book was recommended by a male reader and raved about it! Been intrigued about it for a while now. Definitely adding it to my list! Thanks for the cool review!