Tracey's Reviews > On the Prowl

On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs

841949
Feb 23, 15

bookshelves: fantasy, urban-fantasy, usa, shape-shifters, collection, pnr, 2-star
Recommended for: People who aren't sure about Patricia Briggs - just DON'T READ THE LAST NOVELLA
Read from October 02 to 05, 2011

I have reviewed this book; the review can be found here, on Booklikes, and here, on my blog. (Also, go check out Leafmarks - it's going to be terrific.) However, I will no longer be posting reviews on Goodreads, due to its recent changes to terms of service and, far worse, the boneheaded and incomprehensible way it is proceeding with the new policy. Deleting content, almost randomly, and without warning (whatever they may have said) is wrong, and a half-hearted apology later doesn't make it all better. Failing to provide a sitewide announcement is wrong. Failing to address users' very legitimate concern over the situation is wrong. They've crossed too many lines.

I'm not going to leave GR while I have good friends remaining here, but I will no longer perform librarian functions, nor will I post anything but links for reviews.

I will also be posting the gist of this message on my blog, on LibraryThing, on Booklikes, and anywhere else I can think of. And when I review for Netgalley from now on I will state that I no longer post reviews on GR, and why.

It may not affect the situation here – but people still don't know what's going on (because Goodreads isn't telling them). In good conscience I can't do anything less.

My friends list will be seeing some version of this message a lot over the next days and weeks. Sorry.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Prowl.

10/03/2011 page 158