Gaby's Reviews > Aurora of the Northern Lights

Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin

Sep 04, 09

bookshelves: childrens-books, picture-book
Read in September, 2009

"Named for the Northern Lights, Aurora faces a woeful plight. To many lands, she must roam, searching for her true home."

Aurora of the Northern Lights is a delightful story, beautifully illustrated and told entirely in verse.

Aurora is the child of a beautiful and pale young Northern lady named Mistletoe and handsome William, a visitor from the South. William finds the Northern climate difficult, so they make their home in the temperate South.

When Aurora is orphaned, she is unable to stay in her old home. As she searches for her new home, those that she meets along the way are quick to chase her off. To some extent the story is one of intolerance. But fortunately, with perseverance and luck, Aurora finds a place where she is welcomed and loved.

I found the book a fun and engaging read. I imagine that the pictures and verse will go over very well with children. I highly recommend Aurora of the Northern Lights.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aurora of the Northern Lights.