Inspired Kathy's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Nov 03, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in November, 2011

I participate in a neighborhood book group each month. November's book was The Help. I'm so glad it was chosen because I doubt I would have gotten around to reading it if I didn't "have to". It took me 4 days to get through this audio book and I literally finished minutes before book group started last night.

This book is fabulous! Well written with great characters. I listened to the audio version and thought the narrators did an amazing job.

I can't add much to the thousands of reviews that are already out there other than to say I think this is a book most adults should take the time to read.

Content: some language throughout and "adult" topics are all through this story.

Rating: 5 Stars

Source: Audio download from Audible.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

11/01/2011 page 125
28.0% "This is my book group book for tomorrow. I've got a lot of reading to do before tomorrow night! Thank goodness for audio books." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mona (new) - added it

Mona I saw the film adaptation of this book several months ago and loved it. I imagine the book has to be better b/c they usually are. My copy of the book is in storage. I had won it in a blog giveaway a while back but never got around to reading it.

Although hubby listens to audio books(always non-fiction self-help genre) all the time while commuting, I prefer the feel of a paper book in my hands. I read my first ebook recently and enjoyed it more than I expected. So who knows -- audio books may be next.