Amanda (LoveofJoe11)'s Reviews > The Girls from Ames: A Story of Women and a Forty-Year Friendship

The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow

Aug 06, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from July 27 to August 05, 2010

This was good, but not amazing. In general, the book tells the story of a group of friends and where their lives have taken them since they first met. The author tried to intersperse some data and facts about how women develop better friendships then men, how women can deal with the death of a spouse better than men because they have stronger friendships, etc.

I'm fortunate enough to have a great group of friends since high school. I could relate to the Girls on their statements about making new adult friends, but they're not the same as your group of childhood friends. My girls are my rock. I've made friends throughout the different phases of my life, and those friendships were essential, but they're not the same as my high school friends. Since I'm blessed to have these types of friendships, I really didn't need to learn about the psychology and sociology of it in a book. That aside, it was nice reading about these women and how they've maintained their friendship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls from Ames.