Cik Aini's Reviews > Shock Wave

Sep 03, 2009

bookshelves: read-2009, adventure
Recommended to Cik Aini by: Ainaana79
Read in September, 2009

I read Vixen 03 before reading this. I agree with one of the Goodreads member, regarding the resemblance to James Bond, the difference only lies between the scenery/actions-packed adrenaline rush are being played out at the sea instead. Pitt would come across to me between Mc Gyver and James Bond (the recent ones, without the over reliance to gadgets)

Be warned though, the prints are small, but as I was reading this, the characters seemed to leap out of the pages. That's how fast it's moving! The story starts off with the story of Maeve's ancestors - Betty Fletcher who was among the convicts sent to serve her sentences, and the groups of convicts were sent on a ship. A storm battled the ship, from the 200++ convicts plus the officers in charge, only 8 survived after foods depleted, battles within them due to starvation and fresh water, being pushed out from the fish into the sea and eaten by the sharks! And that's the only starting part of it!

The first part was quite intriguing, with Pitt as usual became a hero while doing his research. He saved a group of people including Maeve, and then, the twist started. An epidemic caused hundreds of people to drop dead and they try to search for a reason why that happened! And then, as the story moves along, we found that Maeve's father (a diamond billionaire) and her sisters are in charge.

The crooks here are extremely bad. Sometimes I feel reading through the pages feel akin to watching a movie with gory murder details, ewww! The most interesting part would be when Pitt, Al & Maeve were left on a small boat in a middle of nowhere and trying to survive. Now this is one action packed novel. I was trying my best to read this as soon as possible, but I couldn't skip any part of the book. So, it was a bit slow moving for me :P (not the novel!)..Was trying my best to guess how they survived the ordeal.

Definitely, I'll be looking for his other novels too!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shock Wave.

09/06/2009 page 140
09/07/2009 page 205
38.18% "slowly reading this, currently too much activities to attend"
09/09/2009 page 446
83.05% "oh, the prints are small, but I managed to read it. was hoping to finish this ASAP!"

Ainaana79 Ummu Auni, glad you like it. Clive Cussler is considered the Grandmaster of Adventure. In real life he is also a seamaster. That's why most of his novels revolves around the sea.

You will also find new knowledge like starboard being the right part of a ship & port being the left of a ship, stern being the aft or rear of a ship, bow being the forward part of a ship & keel being the base of a ship.

The term 'POSH' is derived from 'Port outbound, starboard home'. During those days where rich people travel by cruise ships, they like to travel in cabin facing the sun. That's why their cabin will be on the left side when going outbound, and on the right when going home.

Cik Aini yes, new knowledge indeed. but sometimes i may not go through each item detailed enough, lol :) thanks for lending this to me