Anita's Reviews > Mrs. Kimble

Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh

F_50x66
Sep 07, 09

Read in September, 2009

This was a great quick read book.. At first I thought that the characters, where not that great and development of the characters was poor. Then I got into the heart of the book, and the revolving main character Ken Kimble. Ken Kimble is a casanova character, that is seen as an opportunist and pries of younger women and almost accidently falls into their lives... reminds me of the quote loves them & then leaves them." Intertwined throughout the whole story is the story of Charlie Kimble, it starts when the boy is 6 years old and takes you to when he is 30. He witnesses and struggles with the role of his father, abadonment and loss of the marriage of his parents. Only towards the end do we see some interaction and anger from son to father.
The women characters are interwined throughout the book and have relationships with each other. Its almost as if Ken Kimble accidently and purposely picks these women and may or may not fall in love with them. The women are often seen as easy pry for an opportunist, such as Kimble.
I would recommend this book for someone who is looking for a summer or vacation book.. it is fast moving and easily gripping!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Kimble.

09/03/2009 page 95