Karyn's Reviews > Must Love Hellhounds

Must Love Hellhounds by Charlaine Harris

Jun 13, 11

bookshelves: anthology-shorties, 2010, paranormal
Read from May 20 to June 12, 2011

I love anthologies. You get a short quick dose of your favourite authors but at the same time end up wanting the story to be longer. I picked up Must love Hellhounds for the Ilona Andrews short story on Andrea and Raphael only to find there was a Archangel short on Sara and Deacon by Nalini Singh as well. So in the order of the books I read:

Magic Mourns - Ilona Andrews 4 stars : This was Andrea and Raphael's story. I love all things Ilona Andrews and the Kate Daniels series is one of my favourites. Andrea and Raphael have to battle a 3 headed hellhound and figure out who or what has stolen his Mother's lovers body. The story adds to the world building plus there's more mythology and kick ass action. There is also more face time with Andrea and Raphael, two awesome characters in their own right.

Angels' Judgment - Nalini Singh 5 Stars: Oh I absolutely loved this story. Angels' Judgment covers how Sara came to be the Guild Director and her meeting Deacon when she was put to test by the Cadre of Angels. I loved Deacon's protectiveness of Sara, his kick ass attitude and the job he did for the guild while at the same time having a soft corner for that huge hound. The sparks flew even though these two didn’t know each other before but the writing made believing in the instant chemistry very easy.

The Britlingens Go to Hell - Charlaine Harris 1 Star : Honestly, I skimmed through at least 50% of this story as it was giving me a headache. The names, places and narration and description was all dull and made reading this story very tedious. I also couldn’t see how it added to the main Sookie Stackhouse series - I'd rather have had a short story on Pam or one of the other secondary characters than on Britlingens who featured very briefly in one book.

Blind Spot - Meljean Brook 3 Stars : I did not want to get into reading this one, mostly cause I'm a stickler for reading series' in order and I haven't read any of the Guardian series. But, in the end, the lack of anything else to read in front of me made me start this one. Most of the world building made sense, at least the bits that I needed to know. Overall, this was very well written and a pretty nice read. I liked the idea of Blake being able to see the way he could although I did not get a lot of Maggie's character - guess I'll have to read the main books for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Must Love Hellhounds.

05/20/2011 page 51