Julie's Reviews > The Science of Life After Death: New Research Shows Human Consciousness Lives On

The Science of Life After Death by Stephen Martin

Sep 07, 09

bookshelves: arc, books-i-own, bostick-communication, nonfiction, parapsychology, oaklea-press
Recommended to Julie by: Stephen Martin
Read in September, 2009

This book grips the reader from the very beginning, making reference to someone having an out of body experience during a surgical procedure. It reminded me a lot of the movie Awake

Stephen Martin invites the reader into his book to learn more about the life after death phenomenon. I would warn readers that this book requires an open mind. There are many theories presented that are not popular, while others are widely popular. There is discussion of ESP, Out of Body Experiences (OBE), use of mediums to connect with those who have gone on, etc. There were a few things that I'm not sure about...mainly because I've not personally witnessed them or had some sort of personal experience.

While reading this book, it reminded me of a patient that I had several years ago. She was in the final stages of death and it was very early in the morning. She was screaming this horrid scream (one of those you just don't forget) and so I went in to sit with her. She had no family with her and I couldn't bear to let this woman breathe her last on her own. After sitting there for a few minutes, she asked me to uncover her feet, that they were really hot. A few minutes later, she asked me to uncover her legs. This went on for awhile and soon she was drenched in sweat and writhing in pain. She told me to be a better person than she was because she was experiencing hell and it was something she hoped no one would ever have to experience. Before her final breaths, she was wrapped in ice covered blankets to hopefully make her transition somewhat more peaceful. This was the most horrid death that I've ever witnessed.

On the flip side of that, I've had many patients tell me about the light and the calming effect of that light. They seemed to have a peaceful death and the family handled it much better than the previous situation.

There will always be skeptics out there but if this book is approached with an open mind, you might see where some of these theories might hold some weight.

Give this book a chance! It is an enjoyable read and I feel like I might have a somewhat different perspective on life after death.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Science of Life After Death.

09/03/2009 page 27
09/03/2009 page 126
65.63% "This is a very intriguing book. Requires a lot of open minded thought. Will post review tomorrow night."