Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Forgive My Fins

Jun 02, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, meremaids, paranormal
Read in May, 2010

RatingL 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Tera lured me into her world with the promise of an enchanting romance, full of hilarious moments as we follow Lily through her relationship drama. What more can you expect when 1 kiss bonds you to a mate forever? In Lily’s case, she’s running out of time to profess her love to Brody. But, she can’t catch a break, especially when Quince - Son of a Swordfish (In her words) is constantly pestering Lily and in the process ruining every moment Lily has with Brody.

FORGIVE MY FINS intrigued me with its fresh take on mermaid mythology. I loved Lily’s family dynamic. She’s half human – half mermaid and she gets to live in both worlds. It was also refreshing to see Lily go about her day to day activities in both worlds. Good or Bad - Whatever the case may be. There was always a good laugh at an incident or another. I loved everything about Lily’s Kingdom, Thalassinia! Tera’s introduction of Thalassinia captivated me with its beauty. If I could live in a fictional world, Thalassinia would have to be on my places to visit. I can NOT mention Quince – another swoon worthy bad boy! I couldn’t get enough of the scenes that involved Lily and Quince. *Sigh*

After certain events went down, I’m curious about what will happen in the sequel. Readers looking for a fresh take on a magical mermaid story should pick this novel up. I will definitely be waiting to read the sequel!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgive My Fins.