Carolyn Storer's Reviews > Hex in High Heels

Jun 14, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: book-list-2009, romance-paranormal
Read in September, 2009 , read count: 1

This is the fourth book in the Hex series by Linda Wisdom and with each book in the series the focus shifts to a different witch, except for book 1 and 2.

This novel focuses on Blair, a sexy witch who has been expelled, along with 12 other witchy friends from the Witches Academy, for 700 years. She now lives in the 'real world' and runs a book/lingerie shop with her witchy friend Stasi, who had her own story told in Book 3. Sometimes Blaire helps the town folk by putting hexes on the people who hurt them, just to teach them a lesson or two!

Blair is warm, sexy and fun, with a little sass thrown in and is completely smitten with the local were-border collie, Jake, who, until recently, she thought was just the local carpenter. She is sure that the attraction is mutual but sees that he needs a little time to realise he actually feels the same. Meanwhile, his were family arrive in town and begin to cause problems.

Jake is a hot were-border collie, who finds that he just can't seem to resist the scent of Blair, even though he tries. He has a lot of history that he really doesn't want Blair to know about, it's better kept buried, but it becomes increasingly difficult to keep it that way with Blair asking so many questions.

Although there isn't a lot of action, the pace is steady and there's enough gentle suspense to keep it interesting and it held my attention until the very last page. This is a wonderfully light paranormal romance, that is fun and entertaining. It's also quite humourous in places, especially with the addition of the enchanted slippers, Fluff and Puff. There are some love scenes but they are written well and add to the flourishing romance between Blair and Jake.

Verdict:

If you enjoy paranormal romance, then this book is definitely for you. It's warm, funny and thoroughly enjoyable and I definitely recommend it! Lots of witchy fun!

I gave this book 7/10 but Goodreads still doesn't give half starts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex in High Heels.

09/25/2009 page 159
06/14/2015 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori BCC - I have this entire series in my TBR list. Dying to know what you think about the latest!

Carolyn  Storer I will be reviewing it soon!

message 3: by A&E (new)

A&E I've read this and thought it was okay but not a fav. I'll look forward to your review.