Schnaucl's Reviews > Dayhunter

Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake

Sep 04, 09

bookshelves: fiction, library, read_2009, september, urban_fantasy
Read in September, 2009, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Mira is summoned by the Coven following the events of the preceding book. Danaus, Tristan, and her maker all accompany her to the seat of the Coven's power.

Once there she claims Tristan as her own, creating a family, something she swore she'd never do. The only reason she does it now is because she knows their maker will never protect him from the court's games, and as chum, Tristan will never survive.

Even more troubling, once she gets there she realizes there's already a Naturi on the island.

My problem with this book is that it felt like the story didn't advance all that much. We already knew the Coven was split on what to do with Mira and the naturi, we already knew about the horrible things that went on at Court.

That there's a split in the supernatural world is important but doesn't feel particularly surprising. It's more surprising that there's a split among the naturi.

We learned a little more about Danaus' background but for some reason it didn't impact me the way it was supposed to.

I did think the plan for revealing the presence of supernatural beings was interesting, particularly the background work of making supernatural creatures popular in fiction and film.

It's not fair to say that nothing happened in this book, but it definitely felt like it was mostly set up for the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dayhunter.