Katie's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Dec 08, 09

bookshelves: books-i-own, signed-books
Read in December, 2009

I don’t think I’ve ever read a novel with so much plot before. And what I mean by that, is how every chapter, almost every paragraph, contains vital information to the story. It continues to develop and flow, growing more intense with every chapter and you can’t put it down until it stops somewhere dull. At least, that was my Beautiful Creatures reading experience.

This was another one of those stories where the synopsis didn’t really give much away. You knew about Lena and the curse, but you didn’t know exactly what Lena and the curse were. And way past discovering the curse, Lena and all of the important things, we were lead with more twists and more secrets. My head spun with all of the excitement, but definitely in a good way.

It’s very rare, but Kami & Margaret have written a cast of characters that I appropriately adore- except for the villains, of course. Lena, Ethan, Amma, Macon- I was almost overwhelmed at the fact that none of them annoyed me. Not once. Of course, I was annoyed at the small characters- Emily, Savannah, Eden- your typical high school snobs. But I loved that beyond the magic, the curse and all of the other dilemmas, good old teenage angst was still present.

Overall, I thought the story was beautiful. Everything was marvelously plotted, the characters were enjoyable to read, the magic and story were so enthralling; I definitely recommend it to everyone and anyone. And when the movie comes out (because it IS being adapted into a movie, for those who don’t know) I’ll be one of the first in line at the midnight premiere.

If you’re frightened by the length, don’t be! When it’s over, you’ll be begging for another 500 pages. Go get yourself a copy of Beautiful Creatures now!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

12/01/2009 page 104