Trish's Reviews > Grapes Of Math

Grapes Of Math by Greg Tang

Sep 02, 2009

bookshelves: childrens-ages-4-6
Read in September, 2009

Loved the way adding and subtracting exercises are incorporated into this story. For a kid that likes to participate when he/she is being read to, this is a good mind-teaser. Not so hard it would make a child lose confidence, though perhaps they would need a couple times through before they get them all easily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grapes Of Math.

03/31/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Merry (new)

Merry Hi Trish - this was one of my son's favorite books! It is a mind challenger......well depending on the age you read it LOL

Trish Merry, so glad to hear it was liked! Am I right about the age group? I am just guessing. I don't have kids of my own, but looking at my nephews, I would guess that Grapes might be good for preschool and kindergarten. Does that sound right to you?

message 3: by Merry (new)

Merry Well, we read our 4- 6 age range books when Brandon was between 2 - 8 yrs old - as a a matter of fact he is 17 and sometimes I will find one of his old childhood books in his room where he has read it again. So with that said, your age listing sounds good.

message 4: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee This sounds like fun. Maggie definitely likes to participate while being read to - LOL! I can't get through a story without a zillion questions.

message 5: by Merry (new)

Merry Lee wrote: "This sounds like fun. Maggie definitely likes to participate while being read to - LOL! I can't get through a story without a zillion questions. "

OK, well not to bring up the "lost package" bad memory again, but Lee, I had actually put this book in the "LOST/STOLEN" package I sent you when trying to get the darn free book, Fragment, sent to you. Yes it would be good for M, there are several others along this same theme.

message 6: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee *groan*, Oh Merry I was just thinking about that again today because I saw a Brown truck! I am adding this book to my wishlist. Thanks.

message 7: by Merry (new)

Merry I think I should send you a box of rocks as a test run LOL - so sorry Trish to be taking up your space for our personal comments - last one promise!!! As you can see Lee and I are very disappointed in a package I mailed her but she never received. It is "lost" but someone signed her name that it was received...OK Ladies this could be the start of a novel.....Ha!

message 8: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Heehee, rocks would be too expensive unless they are origami rocks. Ha, take that you book thief!

Trish Oooh, I don't like it when things don't arrive. So very disappointing.

message 10: by Merry (new)

Merry Trish wrote: "Oooh, I don't like it when things don't arrive. So very disappointing. "

But Trish it did arrive, someone actually signed Lee's name to the package and kept the darn thing! We were so disappointed and UPS didn't really follow up well, they just listed it as lost. :( Lee still does not know who stole the package. ....and it was just books, it wasn't like I sent her cash !!!! ...and you could tell it was a gift, I had a couple books in there for her daughter with ribbons tied around them with little gift cards attached! Very annoying.