Rose's Reviews > Shadow of a Dark Queen

Shadow of a Dark Queen by Raymond E. Feist

Sep 09, 09

Read in September, 2009

While this book wasn't great, I enjoyed it because of it's continuation of the world of Midkemia. I found the plot and main characters interesting because Feist usually centers his stories around dynamic and active characters who are in charge of their destinies, usually Princes or incredibly lucky and entrepreneurial young people. Shadow of a Dark Queen follows Erik and Roo, two young village boys who find themselves participating in a near-suicide mission that they know next to nothing about after nearly escaping from being hung for killing a noble. The reader is taken on an adventure that they don't quite understand because Erik and Roo don't understand what's going on in their lives.

Again, Feist sprinkles old and beloved characters in with his story- the half-elf Calis and the spritely old magician Nakor- who infuse the story with a richness that would have otherwise been lacking.

My hope is that this is the beginning of a good quartet, and I have faith that Feist will be able to pull this good intro in a great series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of a Dark Queen.