Lilly's Reviews > Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull

F 50x66
Sep 02, 09

Read in September, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Wow. I started reading this series when my father's co-worker sent home the first book one day, to see if I would like it. Well, I did. I have been waiting and waiting for this book to come out, and it just blew my mind. I have read a LOT of good books, and I mean A LOT!!, but I have never been more surprised at an ending (and the entire story!) than I did when I was reading this book. Even as I read the Harry Potter series, my hatred at Voldemort and the countless other characters in other books does not exceed the Hate I now feel at Gavin, or should I say, Navarog. I would have never guessed that Gavin could have been an evil genius, but then again, if he was really smart, he would have checked behind himself more frequently and find Raxtus, before he was gobbled. I even believe that the Sphinx isn't that evil, because he didn't just kill friends without a second thought. At least Mara survived, but trapping Warren in a 3-dimensional area, was beyond evil. It was, so infuriatingly demonic, I can''t even think of bad enought words for him. NAVaroG, GAViN, how could I not have made Some kind of connection. It wasn't until Thronis mentioned that Navarog had joined the fight, that I realized who gavin really was. At first, I thought that he was just really powerful as a Dragon brother, but the largeness and eerie black color hinted at the demon inside. I HATE GAVIN/NAVAROG!!!!!>:{ I think that Kendra should continue her friendship with Raxtus. Maybe, as ANOTHER major twist, Kendra could meet a TRUSWORTHY, GENUINLEY NICE, AWESOME, guy who looked like Gavin, but better, then THEY could fall in love. Warren had better been saved. So, I gues that when gavin said that he was indeed very interested in kendra, he didn't really mean romantically, but more as if he was going to use her, which he tried to. I am glad he is dead. The twist at the end still continues to blow my mind. I keep thinking that i dreamt the entire thing, and I often have to return to the book to see if it is indeed true.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary.