Eric Ungs's Reviews > Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.

Six Pixels of Separation by Mitch Joel

Oct 24, 09

Read in October, 2009

Mitch Joels' blog, Six Pixels of Separation, is a blog where I make a daily effort to make sure to read or listen to his latest posts. He has such an insightful mind and the conversations that derive from it are extremely interesting, and quite humorous. Through my interaction with his blog it made my reading experience that much more exciting.

He is a journalists at heart who now lives in the advertising/marketing world.

His book takes a look at how your business (entrepreneur, small, medium, or large), or personal brand can capitalize using free online tools. Through social networks, blogging, bookmarks, RSS, etc. allows brands to create a community around their product or industry. He stresses the importance of humanizing your online presence by engaging and interacting in the conversation. Being authentic, trustworthy, and allowing for your customer to absorb something of value closes that gap between you and your customer through a much more intimate connection. Monitoring your brand's presence is as important as engaging. Being able to take a negative comment and reach out in a timely manner with utmost sincerity for their experience, will allow your brand to gain respect and trust.

I'd definitely recommend this book to any business owner, entrepreneur, one building their personal brand, or any marketer who wants to better understand this space and it's channels. The structure, the voice that's portrayed and the use of real world examples puts this read at the top of my SM and business book lists. As you read this book ideas will begin to flow on how to improve your brand's online presence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Pixels of Separation.