Karla's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Oct 09, 09

bookshelves: city-slickers, horror, mystery, paranormal, vampire-stories, ya, 2009
Read in October, 2009

I really loved this series, I would recommend it to anyone that loves series books, fantasy, paranormal, Harry Potter and Twilight. I can't believe I never heard of it till this summer and had to pick it up. It sat on my shelf for months as I collected the set even though I hadn't read a one! Could have turned out to be a big mistake! I'm so glad it wasn't. At first I thought the author was showing off with all the sass and witty comebacks then found myself laughing out loud and loving the wit. Full of action, adventure and most unusual characters. Great fantasy and easy to follow and read. Great books to disappear into when life is stressful, as mine was these past few weeks so thankful for the escape didn't think I'd be able to and was swept away. I read some of the most romantic lines written in this that took my breath away at some points and made me wish I could jump in and be Clary *sigh* I have heard there is a possable 4th book in this series but this one made me feel resolved and feel like the end with a few possablities lingering as an afterthought hmmmmm.... Of course if the story continues as most do I'll be at the book signing with my I heart Jace T-shirt on and runes tattooed down my arms!!! Yep that would be a blast 37 year old woman acting my age for a change :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.

Quotes Karla Liked

Cassandra Clare
“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

10/06/2009 page 1
10/07/2009 page 119
22.0% "Having a hard time putting this down as well. Great action and twists."
10/08/2009 page 292
53.97% "This series is amazing so captivating so hard to put down!!!"
10/09/2009 page 408
75.42% "Thinking I'll finish this today this series went by so fast!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christy (TheReaderBee) Karla, I just started on this book today, and saw your review. I have to agree with you, Jace is awesome! Can I get an I heart Jace shirt too?? LOL! Can't wait to finish the book... I'm so excited, I'm about to squeal like a little girl. LOL!

Karla We should make those darn T-shirts and wear them proudly :). I had a lot of fun with this series. I've decided to keep the books in my personal library so I can reread these books again! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Christy (TheReaderBee) Haha, sounds good! I was thinking of making some bookmarks that said it too! ROFL! I love this series! I bought book 3 yesterday, so now I have the whole collection. Will definitely reread them too! And definitely enjoying the series!

Karla You do make wonderful bookmarks! Great idea ;D

message 5: by Christy (TheReaderBee) (last edited Jan 27, 2010 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christy (TheReaderBee) lol, thanks! I was working on some anyways for my book club, so I threw a Jace one together for us! Mind if I mail it to you?? :)

Karla Would be honored! That's so sweet of you :) do you have my address from Christmas still?

Christy (TheReaderBee) Awesome! I do still have your address too! I just need to get them laminated, and then I will send along to you! I hope you like it. LOL I told the hubby about it, and he just thought I was crazy. lol!