Spencer's Reviews > Contagious

Contagious by Scott Sigler

Sep 26, 09

Read in September, 2009

While author Sigler seems to have a cynical and pessimistic view, the gruesome and gory read has the right amount of funny. This one, like its predecessor, Infected, is not for the queezy. It is frought with blood, guts, bullet wounds, bone-breaks, and disease-like alien organisms. Not even children are safe in the hands of Scott Sigler. Neither is Detroit. As I was reading this book, there were points in the story where I felt I was being drawn to the edge with tension. Where other authors would draw you to the edge and then pull you back, Sigler pushes you over and laughs as you fall. Some of the character arcs were a little flat, but others were a wild ride.

What I also find interesting is that Sigler's writing style is aggressive and has a don't-care-what-you-think attitude. After Infected was rejected (rhyming is fun!) he took to the internet and won a publisher on the strength of an enormous web-presence. Whe World Wide Waste of Time can by highly annoying, but sometimes it puts the power directly in the artist's hands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Contagious.