Mallory's Reviews > Eldest

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Mar 18, 2012

liked it
Read in September, 2009

This book also took a while to get into. It had interesting things, but it didn't captivate me and make me want to finish it. But at the end, it did give some really good cliff-hangers (is that the right word?) so that I will probably read the next one. I hope the next one isn't so hard to get into though. If it is, I may give up. But yeah...it took them 600 pages to get to something really interesting that actually made me want to finish the book.

UPDATE: I have re-read (actually listened to) this book again, and I stand by my first review. It mainly focuses on Eragon's training, which is highly boring. I guess it's good information for you to know what he goes through, but it's not very interesting. It was smart of the author to incorporate Roran's story into it (by going back and forth between the two) because his story was much more action-packed and interesting. Again, it did get more interesting at the end of the book to make me want to continue, and again, hopefully the next 2 books are more interesting from beginning to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eldest.

09/05/2009 page 572