Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides's Reviews > The View from the Bridge: Memories of Star Trek and a Life in Hollywood

The View from the Bridge by Nicholas Meyer

Sep 01, 09

bookshelves: decided-not-to-read, memoir
Read in September, 2009

Not to be tossed aside lightly, should be thrown with great force, etc. Okay, that's not quite fair. There are some parts that are worth reading for Trek geeks. Like: Meyer's desire to create a submarine-like atmosphere in the second film, Ricardo Montalban being excited that Meyer was actually going to direct him, various behind the scenes things concerning the filming.

However, Meyer's pre-Trek/non-Trek life is not terribly interesting. Skip it. Also, there is tons of political commentary of the most irritating kind. Keep your politics out of my entertainment, please. (And I'm more liberal than not. The stuff that's here irritates me just as much as hearing advertisements for conservative talk radio during Pirates games does.)

If I'd realized that this was the guy who write The Seven-Percent Solution I don't know if I'd have been tempted to read it. -_-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The View from the Bridge.