Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > The Truth-Teller's Tale

The Truth-Teller's Tale by Sharon Shinn

** spoiler alert ** After the twists in The Safe-Keeper’s Secret nothing in this second book came as a surprise. It was obvious the newcomers from the royal city were the missing prince and his cousin. I was very happy with the story up until they arrived in part 2. For some reason I couldn’t bring myself to like Gregory (Tobin).

I loved the twins Adele, a safe-keeper and Eleda, a truth-teller - mirror images of one another (one left-handed, the other right, both have one green eye and one blue but in different eyes) yet so different. I liked that Eleda’s ability to ascertain truth from lie failed to work when she fell for Edgar’s charms, blinded by love and blind to the truth of him. The guilt and shame she felt when she learned what he did to another girl on the night she was supposed to secretly meet him.

Fiona’s appearance in this left me wondering how things were with Reed. I wanted to know if they were living happily ever after. It was interesting to see Fiona’s mother Melinda in her role as the dream-maker though I wouldn’t have minded seeing mother and daughter interacting.

The inclusion of the first two chapters of The Dream-Maker’s Magic has intrigued me so I’ll definitely be reading it sometime soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth-Teller's Tale.