Susan Bischoff's Reviews > Angelfall

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Aug 16, 2013

Recommended for: Those who are looking for the opposite of Bella and Edward.
Read from August 16 to 17, 2013 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Wow.
I'm writing this in that state where images of the final pages are still fading. Things in my world are a little hazy. And somewhere in my head a poor and perfect farm boy is saying, "This is true love. Do you think this happens every day?"

Setting aside the obvious fact that I suffer from a permanent Princess Bride brain addling condition, Wesley's right. It doesn't happen every day. How many books do I go through (or start and can't finish) before I find one that makes me want to put it into someone else's hands and say, "Read this. This is really good"?

I've never been drawn to angel stories. I don't even know why I picked this up. Is it all about me, really? Maybe I should say something about the book. This came up on a Goodreads list of books people shelved under "blew-my-mind." I was intrigued by the description. A girl on a mission so desperate she has to team up with an injured enemy? Yeah, that has possibilities. I downloaded the sample and was immediately drawn into the story, both by the character of the shero, Penryn, who is an impressive and somehow believable young woman, and by the author's command of the story and my attention. Then the world built around me, surprises started, and I found myself back at Amazon looking for the 1-Click buy button. And before I came back to Goodreads to tell you this, I went back and pre-ordered the sequel.

In conclusion, read this. This is really good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.