Kathy's Reviews > The Hell You Say

The Hell You Say by Josh Lanyon

May 24, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, lanyon-josh, m-m, keeper
Read in November, 2008

4.5 stars ~ Love, love, LOVE Adrien English! Even without the romance Josh Lanyon's mysteries would be a favourite; with the romance they're incomparable.

With each Adrien English story I've become more addicted to Josh Lanyon's writing. His mastery over the mystery is fantastic, his characters are people, regular people with all the flaws and foibles with which humans are cursed... or blessed. The suspense which builds, sometimes slowly, sometimes at the speed of light, often leaves me breathless (and so very, very glad that I'm on the outside of the story!). His character dynamics are excellent and certainly a driving force behind the story; but in many ways, the mystery itself can be seen as a character. The murder and subsequent investigation promote a definite development of the people involved ~ they are by no means static characters and I never feel that there is any superfluous action or behaviours; everything moves the story along.
The only unfortunate thing is that I'm now all caught up with Adrien and, indeed, I've only got a couple more stories of Mr. Lanyon's that I've yet to read... I hate when that happens!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hell You Say.