Gary's Reviews > Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine

Glenn Beck's Common Sense by Glenn Beck

Aug 31, 09

Read in August, 2009

I enjoyed Beck's "Common Sense" for the work, labor, and concepts he poured into his latest book. I really wanted to rate the book higher to a four or five but I cannot say whether or not he can "see" and "speak" common sense when his closest held belief is certainly less than true, unbelievable, and and not nearly sensible. I do not seek to put off this work only for Glenn's religion, although I wish to be cautious with something that can have similar affects as Thomas Payne's original "Common Sense" which help set the stage for the American Revolution. Read with caution.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glenn Beck's Common Sense.

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer You have me curious - what is his closest held belief?

Gary His closest held belief is that Joseph Smith was given golden plates with apparent ancient writings that revealed the "Book of Mormon". Glenn should have had some stomach confirmation of it's apparent truth.

Archeology evidence, DNA studies, and even simple animal history, to name a few, refute the truth of said holy inspiration of the Mormon book. Again this is not to intended to discredit his beliefs, it is just hard to believe in what he writes in "Common Sense" is completely trustworthy when he has not done the same work in his faith.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thanks.