Tina (Fantastic Book Review)'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Aug 25, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal, humor, meremaids, faeries, vampires, werewolves, zombies, ghost
Read in August, 2010

PARANORMALCY was one of my most highly anticipated reads this year. This book did not disappoint on all fronts - great characters, great writing, and a great plot that keeps you turning the pages. I devoured this book! One of the reasons I enjoyed this book so much has to do with the author’s personality. I follow Kiersten’s blog regularly and I just knew that I would love her book - especially if her personality shined through in her writing. Kiersten’s personality just sticks out and you can't help but adore her. So, it’s safe to say that I also adored the main protagonist Evie.

Evie is this quirky character full of wit and sass. She also has a pink rhinestone Taser. How could you not like a kick-ass character who loves pink? When you think kick-ass, pink is not one of those colors associated with someone you should be afraid of but Evie definitely pulls it off and she's quite cute and adorable too. The IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency) is full of supernatural creatures that hunt down other supernatural misfits (cleanups with vamps, werewolves, zombies, pixies, ghosts, evil spirits, fairies, gremlins, mermaids and anything else you can dream up) to keep humans unaware that these mythical creatures do exist. Evie is quite special amongst the rest with her unique ability to see-through glamour. On top of having great characters, laugh out loud dialogue, and a unique plot, PARANORMALCY has one of my favorite things to have in a book - two gorgeous guys vying for Evie's attention. All I can say is “It's good to be Evie.” Well, Evie may not feel that way per say but Kiersten created a great cast of characters.

PARANORMALCY brings a fresh spin to the paranormal world with its unforgettable characters that fill up the pages. Kiersten is an author to watch out for and I’ll be highly anticipating the sequel SUPERNATURALLY. Oh Bleep! I can't wait to see what Kiersten comes up with next!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.