Irisjade's Reviews > Lessons from a Dead Girl

Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles

Aug 31, 09

bookshelves: changed-my-life

This book...undoubtedly changed my life. I wrote the author and thanked her very much for being the only author I've ever seen to have the guts to write about this subject, because I'll tell you right now, this happens. I'm not even ashamed to tell you that for awhile I WAS Laine. I read this book and thought someone had been stalking me...lol. No, but it's not funny. It's serious and it's abuse and it really messes with you. My boyfriend even knows that for a couple of weeks while/after I read this book I was really weird. It helped me deal with things I didn't even know I wasn't dealing with. You have no idea how amazing it is to go through something so horrible and then think its your fault/or you're the only freak on the planet who this has happened to and then suddenly find out it is amazingly common. I had a friend who'd had the same thing happen but it was by the same person that did it to ME so of course I thought I was just weird. I've never even heard of this happening between peers, it's so strange. It's like one of the world's best kept secrets...but why would anyone want to keep it a secret? It's so strange. But I'm not sure what other people think of it, but I know I'm a better person because of Jo Knowles' bravery in writing about a subject few people knew existed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons from a Dead Girl.