FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > He Loves Lucy

He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan

Aug 31, 2009

bookshelves: chick-lit, read-in-2010, zaftig-heroine, contemporary, witty-i-am-not
Read on March 21, 2010

I had a lot of mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, I loved the character of Theo and his flirty behavior when motivating Lucy. On the other hand, I found the entire story to be very unrealistic. Lucy was losing weight way too fast, and I missed some of the realism that could come with the tale. Yes, I wanted a happy ending, but I wanted a more realistic one. It was a bit too sappy for me in the end. I think it would have been cool if she stalled at 165 pounds or something like that...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He Loves Lucy.

message 1: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz I've had this one on TBR forever. Some say it's hilarious and others are a bit 'meh' about it --this is probably why it's still on my TBR pile not moving up or down (lol!)

FlibBityFLooB East -- didn't find it to be hilarious. It was a good story overall, but I just missed some of the realism.

message 3: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz Some readers have compared her to Sandra Hill in terms of funny but I've never come across anyone as laugh out loud funny as Hill can sometimes be.

Tammy Great review!

East, I liked this one but I wouldn't compare the author to Sandra Hill. Definitely not as funny as the Cajun Cowboy series!

message 5: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz God I have to finish that Cajun Cowboy series still (!)

Tammy Eastofoz wrote: "God I have to finish that Cajun Cowboy series still (!)"

I thought you were all caught up?

message 7: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz No I still have "The Cajun Cowboy" and "The Red Hot Cajun" to read. They've been in the 'line up' forever but always keep getting pushed back for something else it seems.