Clockstein Lockstein's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Sep 10, 09

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones is a powerful novel about living without fear and learning to trust God. Maggie Montgomery has made a career of running away. As a cinematographer she also views the world at a safe remove without having to actually interact with it. Twelve years after she left her hometown of Ivy, Texas, her father calls demanding she return to help out with her niece, Riley. Maggie has spent years avoiding returning to Ivy and all that it holds for her: her father's cold shoulder, her sister's bitter rage, and her mother's death that haunts them all. She goes home for Riley's sake, just for a few days, but her departure keeps getting delayed as God works on her heart through Riley's brokenness and handsome vet Connor's romantic attention. Whenever I see "Women of Faith Fiction" on the front cover of a novel, I know that I'm in for a treat, but Jones' stands out even in that elite group. Maggie and Connor have some of the best repartee I've ever read. They zing each other, even as they can't seem to stay apart. While the plot may be familiar: career girl returns home to face a family crisis and find romance, Jones' dialogue and appealing characters make this a real page-turner. Every sentence is carefully crafted: Because I've seen the world. But sometimes I wonder...has it ever seen me? Beautifully written with humor, romance, and faith; this book has it all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.