Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > The Keepsake

The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen

The Keepsake has been chosen as the July/August Group Read in the Tess Gerritsen Fans Group. I will re-reading this amazing book yet again and I will also be using The Keepsake to meet the following requirement for the Summer 2012 Reading Challenge in the Dare to Dream Group:

August 26th is Women's Equality Day

Read a book this summer in which the main character is a FEMALE HEROINE

Watch out Patricia Cornwell! Tess Gerritsen is at the top of her game with The Keepsake - the best novel I've read in a long time! I was really impressed with Gerritsen's The Bone Garden: A Novel published 2007, and thought it was her finest work to date, but The Keepsake may be even better! I am a slow reader, and was able to read the 349 pages of The Keepsake in less than a week. Chapters 17,18, and 19 seemed a little slow to me but the rest of the book is full of surprises!

One thing that helps make this book so great is having Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles working together again. The Crispin Museum serves as a great setting for a novel featuring Mummification, Murder, Mystery, and Mayhem. As an added bonus to a fascinating story, readers learn how the process of mummification works, how to create a "bog body" and are given detailed instruction on how to make a shrinking head (please don't practice these methods on your neighbors!). Also in The Keepsake, we learn the dire consequences of having a disorganized museum of freaky items that you can't account for.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Keepsake.

05/16/2010 page 35
10.03% 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susan R. Hey Dustin, just going to take a break from Koontz and read The Keepsake...I read that you really liked it. Thanks.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I really did! I would think a Koontz fan would enjoy it. Have you read any of the other books in the series by Gerritsen?

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Dang, I can't try to do-it-yourself shrunken heads?

Although I haven't read this book yet, one of the little pieces of trivia I picked up somewhere along the way was a bit about how to make a shrunken head. Nasty!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie My SIL is a big fan of Gerritson and recommended her to me. I'm pleased you liked it. I have TG on my To Read list and have a library book sale in a few weeks where I hope to find some of her work.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I just finished reading The Keepsake for the second time. I also just finished reading an ARC of ICE COLD which will be released on June 29th. The Keepsake is still my favorite of the series. I love the length of Tess's books - they're all about 350 pages which is just right for me.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Susan,
have you started The Bone Garden yet? That's my favorite stand-alone book by Tess and probably my second favorite of all her books. I've just finished re-reading the entire Rizzoli/Isles series (8 books) and plan to re-read the stand-alones sometime this year. Tess has also written romantic suspense novels, but I haven't been compelled to try those :-)

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan No, I was just thinking I need to get to that. I think I would probably like it. I own a copy of it, and I have library books I want to read, and the books I own seem to get bumped out of line more often than they deserve.

I'm not real big on romantic suspense novels either. There is usually too much romance and not enough suspense for my taste. I guess I'm just an unromantic kind of person.