Jim Hunt's Reviews > Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

Fearless by Max Lucado

M_50x66
Aug 30, 09

Read in August, 2009

I have found that some books arrive at just the right time in my life; that is clearly the case with Fearless by Max Lucado. Amidst all of the uncertainty surrounding us today it is easy to be frozen in fear for any multitude of reasons. Lucado’s latest book does a good job of covering numerous aspects of fear while staying focused throughout.

In order to imagine a life without fear, we first must comprehend why we are afraid? While fear may seem elementary to understand, Lucado offers his trademark style of using a systematic uncovering of the roots of fear without rehashing old clichés. I was still in Chapter 1 when I totally struck by the following: “Fear never wrote a symphony or poem, negotiated a peace treaty, or cured a disease. Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry. Fear never saved a marriage or a business. Courage did that. Faith did that.”

Lucado does an excellent job of sharing how fear surfaces in the seasons of our life from childhood to the senior years. Beyond just identifying fear, the book has both a scriptural and common sense approach to breaking out of the prison of fear. Fleeing fears from the depths of ocean all the way to alien abduction, Lucado helps the reader to identify the origin of our fears while sharing true and timeless wisdom to live a life unshackled.

Fearless is a good quick read; it is one of those books to keep on active reading rotation. There will be times when I pull this one back out for encouragement and elevation of attitude. It seems to me that Fearless was written and released at a time when our battles with fear are raging; as Lucado shares, it is time to battle and conquer them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.