Boof's Reviews > The Double

The Double by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Oct 23, 09

bookshelves: russia, victorians, read-in-2009, couldnt-finish

OK I give up. I am even getting fed up of seeing it on my home page every time I log on. I just couldn't get into this, so it's time to take it off the nightstand and stop kidding myself that I am going to finish it. Sorry Mr. Dostoevsky - I did love Crime and Punishment though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Double.

09/14/2009 page 5

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lori Oh Boof.... where oh where are you in this? I just finished it and I am in desperate need of a discussion. I'm so confused!

message 2: by Boof (new) - rated it 1 star

Boof Lori, loved your review! I know what you mean Lori, about using the name over and over, Lori, it's really annoying isn't it Lori?

I haven't got very far with it yet. I am not enjoying it and I don't know what's going on. I am only at the bit where he is at Dr. Whatshisface's house. Is it worth carrying on?

Lori Well, yes and no. I HAD to know what happened in the end because I was so dang confused.... So I'm going to be selfish and ask that you finish it so we can talk about we think was going on through the dang thing...... ha ha ha!

message 4: by Boof (new) - rated it 1 star

Boof Damnit! OK, I will carry on with it and let you know what I think. The only thing I liked about it so far is when he is in his coach and he sees someone he knows and can't decide whether to say hello, hide or pretend that he hasn't seen them. LOL - I do this sometimes when I can't be bothered to chat or I don't have time; I pretend like I haven't seen them and carry on about my business.

Lori Oh boy... me too! me too! How funny!

message 6: by Chloe (new)

Chloe So did you end up abandoning this one?