Tiffanyy's Reviews > The Doll People

The Doll People by Ann M. Martin

Aug 29, 09

bookshelves: books-09-10

This fictional book is about a Victorian dollhouse with doll figures that comes to life when nobody sees them. The protagonist, Annabelle, an eight year old doll at heart although she is hundreds of years old is determined to find her long lost aunt after she found one of her aunt's journals. During the time, a new doll family was established, the Funcraft family. The difference between the two families are that the Funcraft family are made of plastic and have all these modern appliances and pop-on clothes while Annabelle and her family are more "ancient". Despite these differences, Tiffany Funcraft(daughter)and Annabelle became friends easily. Both of them looking for adventure, they plan to find Annabelle's aunt. But there's only one problem...the owner's family's cat who keeps peeking into the dollhouse. They set out to find her aunt without getting caught. I really liked this book because it gives us a whole new perspective...of a doll. This book was a page turner because of its vivid descriptions and adventurous plot. I would recommend this book for relaxing or light reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doll People.