Meaghan's Reviews > The Domino Pattern

The Domino Pattern by Timothy Zahn

Aug 28, 2009

bookshelves: sci-fi
Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I must say that I really enjoy Timothy Zahn as a sci-fi writer. In my opinion he's one of the best. Every single series I've picked up had been well worth the reading. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. He thinks out his plots carefully and always manages to surprise me with the twists he pulls in. This being the fourth book in this series I was impressed with the way he was able to keep the overall plot running while simultaniously running the single book plot entirely from the quadrail. Basing an entire plot from a form of transportation, even one as advanced as the quadrail is a challenge. The author has to keep the plot from becoming monotonous while also avoiding pulling in so much action that it seems forced and over dramatized. Timothy Zahn did very well at balancing it all out. I also enjoy the way he feeds the reader tantalizing little tidbits at the end of the book. I spent the entire book entirely wrapped up in the book plot, momentarily forgetting the overall plot only to be stunned at the end of the book when Timothy Zahn dumps a bunch of information relating to the overall plot into the last chapter! It was an effective technique that leaves me eager to read the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Domino Pattern.