Jenny's Reviews > Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife

Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent

Oct 07, 09

bookshelves: birth-pregnancy
Read in October, 2009

I really enjoyed this book. Having had two natural births personally and finding pregnancy and birth very fascinating this was a great read. I have considered becoming a doula (not sure if that will ever happen) but even if I never do discussing births and encouraging friends in their plans for natural births will at least always be a "hobby" of mine.

I liked the author's honesty. It was neat to hear some history of midwives, all types. I appreciated that she didn't leave out details of difficult births. She painted a clear but realistic picture. Both of my young sons were born in the hospital but I appreciate the stories about home births, it truly is inspiring to read about many great experiences women can have.

I do have to give a warning for those who prefer to read books without language, there were a few "f" and other words used, which was a turn-off for me...despite this I still liked the book but I could have done without it (even though it is real to life, the author quoting her clients' stories).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby Catcher.