Anita's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Aug 28, 2009

bookshelves: five-star-favorites, young-adult-paranormal, young-adult
Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The 6th and final installment of the Vampire Academy series. It was action-packed and the emotions were 95% spot on. The only part that didn't ring true to me was glossing over Christian's reaction when the real murderer was revealed. This is YA, so the sex scenes were glossed over as well.

This book starts right where the 5th book stopped - with Rose in jail, accused of regicide. Her friends help her break out of jail and hide - Dimitri and Sidney are on the lam with her, while back at court Lissa, Christian, Abe, and Adrian work to clear her name. As a stalling tactic, Lissa also runs for queen. While on the run, Dimitri and Rose search for Lissa's illegitimate sister, which is tied to Lissa ability to vote on the Council. It takes forever, but eventually Dimitri and Rose get back together and Lissa ends up queen. I've already read the 1st book of the spin-off series featuring Sidney and Adrien and Lissa's half-sister, and I wonder if there is a short story published somewhere with the assignation attempt that transitions one series to the other. I'd be interested in reading that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.