Andrea's Reviews > When He Was Bad

When He Was Bad by Shelly Laurenston

F 50x66
Aug 28, 2009

Read in August, 2009

I enjoyed both stories in this book, although both required some deliberate suspension of disbelief. Not because of the shapeshifters--I love fantasy and am perfectly willing to buy into the existence of supernatural beings. In the first story, even though the heroine was supposed to be a super-scientist, a few of the things she did seemed impossible, even for a genius with a brain the size of Mt. Everest. Impossible or poor solutions for such a brilliant character. I also had trouble believing that the heroine really thought as much like a computer as the story claimed, that she really was so totally unfamiliar with human emotion that her friend had to tell her how she should feel in various situations. In the second story, it was hard for me to believe that the hero would end up endangering the heroine the way he did when there were obvious alternatives to putting her in harm's way.

Still, I managed to block out most of my disbelief and enjoy the stories. "Miss Congeniality," in particular, was funny and entertaining, with interesting characters and a hot hero. The second story, also, was fun and steamy, although it didn't seem terribly original: perhaps I've just been reading too many books about shapeshifters.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When He Was Bad.