Jason's Reviews > The People of Sparks

The People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau

M_50x66
Aug 28, 09

bookshelves: summer-ir-report-09

This book is about the people of Ember having coming out of the ground from a life underground. They meet the people of Sparks on their way of trekking to survive. Soon there are very confusing moments as they both have different ways of life. One kid has problems with their living and created a problem putting the blame on one another. That way there is so much conflict the two sides are going out to break out war. Even so they make sure that even though life is hard for them they want to live together peacefully-until they learn to create a town themselves. Soon confusion has made people do things werider than they would do and more and more they want them to leave while two kids named Lina and Doom try to help work out their conflicts.

I can connect to the world how conflicts and war are created from nothing. It is like when something is misintereptated they believe it is an act of war when it can mean something else. Just like the Sparks and Ember people in our world countries have their own problems with each other. It is hard for them to have to be misunderstood and not know what to do during the confusion.

I give this book a four out of five stars because I liked how the solutions were perfectly made for the problems. To bring the people together to make a bigger clan or town as they are all People of Sparks now. Lena and Doom the only two people to help out the Sparks during the confusion were also the same two people to help out the Ember from their way of failing underground. I disliked how the book was made unclear from the way the kids acted. First when Lena hitchhiked onto a traveler you didnt know what she meant. To get away from Doom, or to get away from the conflict? Later it was then meant to that she was looking for a new home for her people.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The People of Sparks.