Sassy Brit's Reviews > I Am Legend and Other Stories

I Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard Matheson
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Legend and Other Stories.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stuart I don't know how you are finding this book, but I think the pared down style that Matheson employed worked well to give the sense of isolation the main character felt

message 2: by Sassy (new) - added it

Sassy Brit Yes, I loved it. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Stuart. Matheson gave it a much grittier feel with pace and tone, as opposed to all the Hollywood glam one half expects these days. And as for the ending...wow! I did not expect that.

Stuart That's ok, glad you enjoyed the way it ended. A poor ending always spoils a novel I feel, no matter how good the rest of it was.

message 4: by Sassy (new) - added it

Sassy Brit You are right there. With a poor ending I can feel cheated, having spent all my time reading a book only to have it wasted, which almost equals a slap in the face! :) Luckily it doesn't happen too often for me.

message 5: by Stuart (last edited Jul 18, 2010 02:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stuart I think your reference to "a slap in the face" is spot on. If I read a novel with a poor ending I feel that way, the novel will never rise in my opinion, unless a reread persuades me otherwise.