Ryan's Reviews > The 4-Hour Workweek

M 50x66
Aug 27, 09

bookshelves: 52-52, read-in-2009
Read in August, 2009

I came across his web site and figure it might be worth reading. Parts of the book were fun to read and heck it might even be fun to have an VA from India, but over all I'm not buying what he is selling.

He is selling the life of ease. You can have anything you want -- as long as it is on your dreamline-- for little or no effort. This is a false dream, buy it now pay for it later dream, or better yet just lease that sports car. It will feel just as good as if you bought it dream. Why work at all when someone in India will do it for you. Much like a cheap infomercial-- it can be your for only 2 payments of $20.00 not the $100,000 you thought.

The book is not without some merit. He does make a point that we work too much and most of what we call working is just passing time. We are too busy doing busy work to really enjoy life. Delegating is an important and powerful skill and if you can get it right amazing things can happen. But sometimes you have to be there, you have to make the call, you have to take the time --you can't delegate your life away and expect to find fulfillment. There has to be some responsibility to your employer/employees and yourself. You can't outsource everything.

Written by Asha on behalf of Mr. Nelson.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 4-Hour Workweek.